SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE :
6:15 to 8:15 a.m. : Morning Sadhana
8:15 a.m. : Breakfast
9:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. : History, Philosophy, Teaching Methodology, Anatomy etc.
1:15 p.m. : Lunch
1:15p.m. to 4:30p.m. Afternoon break, study and leisure
4:30 p.m. to 6:30p.m. : Teaching Practice and Techniques, Alignment, Sequencing etc.
6:30 p.m. : Dinner
7:15 to 9:00 p.m. : Evening Practice, play shop or film
This course has two half days off and two full days off through your 24 day experience. If you will require more time to explore the area please book additional days to stay in Puerto Viejo. There is not a lot of free time built into our intensive schedule for sightseeing.
Courses start at 2p.m. (check-in) on the first scheduled date of the program. All trainings end at 11a.m. (check-out) on the last scheduled date of the program.
REQUIRED READING :
These are texts that will be referenced often during the course of the yoga teacher training. There may be reading assigned from these texts during the training. Please bring them with you in hard copy or digital format.
- Your favorite copy of The Yoga Sutras
- Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques by Mark Stephens
The suggested reading acts as a supplement for any student who would like to dive a bit deeper either before or after the training. We will not work directly with these during the training, however they may be referenced or suggested. These are for your personal use as you begin to grow your personal yoga library!
- The Wisdom of Yoga: A Seeker’s Guide to Extraordinary Living by Stephen Cope
- Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing by Carol Myss
- Anatomy of Movement (Revised Edition) by Blandine Calais-Germain
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys Volume 1 by Dr. Ray Long
- The Heart of Yoga by T.K.V Desikachar
- Your favorite copy of The Bhagavad Gita
- Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga by Rolf Gates
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy & Practice of Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark